Alliance for Trail Vehicles of Maine By-Laws
The name of the organization shall be the Alliance for Trail Vehicles of Maine, hereinafter known as ATV Maine.
To ENGAGE in activities as a non-profit agency, having no capital stock;
To EDUCATE its members and the general public regarding the safe and responsible use of All Terrain Vehicles;
To be ONE VOICE representing all ATV Clubs when dealing with the State, Landowners, and policy makers;
To SHARE INFORMATION between clubs and the general public;
To OPEN UP LANDS for more trails to ride on;
To make INSURANCE available to clubs and members;
To TREAD LIGHTLY and to encourage the use of ATVs and the establishment of ATV trails in a manner that will result in a minimum adverse effect on the environment through use of the Best Maintenance Practices (BMP) manual provided by Maine Department of Conservation;
To participate in REPRESENTATION in local, state and federal government in ATV matters.
Membership in ATV Maine shall be open to all incorporated ATV clubs in Maine.
Supporting Business Members:
Any business can support ATV Maine as a member.
Board of Directors
The policy making and governing body of ATV Maine shall be the Board of Directors.
- Each affiliated club has one vote, by either director or alternate director. These directors or alternate directors comprise the Board of Directors.
- 50% of the officers plus 10% of the Board of Directors must be present at any regular meeting or board meeting to constitute a quorum.
- The President or the Chairperson of the meeting will be the tiebreaker.
- Parliamentary procedure as specified in Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern the conduct of all meetings of ATV Maine.
Executive Board of Directors
The Executive Board of Directors will be made up of the Officers, as defined under Artile VI and Executive Officials, as defined in ATV Maine’s Rules and Guidelines.
- This Board shall hire, define job duties, set compensation and benefits for all employees and contractors.
- This Board shall possess the authority to hold executive session meetings and may require any officer, official, or contractor to attend any meeting deemed necessary. These meetings can be called by the President or any three members of the Executive Board of Directors.
The Officers of ATV Maine will be as follows: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. Duties and responsibilities will be in accordance with the job descriptions.
- The election of officers will be held at the December meeting.
- All officers must be 18 years old or older at the time of election.
- No two members of the same immediate family can hold office during the same term.
Conflict of Interest
Members of the Executive Board of Directors will adhere to the ATV Maine’s Rules and Guidelines
ATV Maine will have a minimum of 3 regional scheduled meetings per year: one meeting in north, one in south/west, and one in central/Downeast Maine.
- Time and place of meeting shall be in accordance with ATV Maine’s Rules and Guidelines.
- The Board of Directors to call special meetings as necessary.
- Special meetings may be called by five (5) or more Directors by giving seven days written notice of time, place, and purpose of the special meeting to the Executive Board of Directors and the Board of Directors of ATV Maine.
- The Annual Meeting and Banquet will be held each April of each year.
ATV Maine shall not be conducted for gain or profit and no part of earnings shall incur to the benefit of any member.
- Any expenditure $500.00 or less may be approved by the President
- Any expenditure over $500.00 must be approved by the quorum of the Board of Directors as defined in Article IV of the Bylaws
- Regular monthly expenditures such as, but not limited to, telephone, utilities, and rent may be pre-approved by a quorum of the Board of Directors.
Dissolution of Entity
In the event of termination of this organization, its remaining assets, if any, shall be distributed to, and only to, one or more organizations described in Section 501[c]3 or Section 501[c]7 of the code.
A quorum of the Board of Directors shall have the right to amend any of the ATV Maine Bylaws with the approval of 2/3 of those Directors present at any regular meeting provided that reading of the proposed changes must be made at least one regular meeting in advance of voting on said changes.